Cooking with kids is fun.These small sweet things are nothing much to look at but easy for kids to make. Perhpaps they will need some help measuring up the ingredients.
* 100 g margarine
* 1 dl (100 ml) sugar
* 2 tablespoons cacao powder
* 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
* 4 tablespoons golden syrup
* 1 Â½ dl (150 ml) coconut flakes
* 3 dl (300 ml) corn flakes
* (or Kellogs Special K. Flakes)
1. Melt the margarine, add sugar, cacao powder, vanilla and syrup.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, add the coconut flakes and cornflakes.
4. Stir gently until the cornflakes are well coated.
5. Spoon pieces of the mixture onto parchment paper (or into muffin cups).
6. Refrigerate for about 10 – 15 minutes, then enjoy.
“When one teaches, two learn” (quote: Robert Heinlein 1907-1988)
A young boy at my school once gave me this recipe. He called them “FÃ¥gelbon” (BirdÂ´s nests). I suppose he was thinking of magpiesÂ´ nests. A magpie is a European long-tailed, black and white, noisy bird in the crow family. Its distinctive nest is built in a tree. It is cup-shaped and roofed by a dome of twigs.